mgs

MGA Daily Driver

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Daily Driver
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 11:43:36 -0500
Due to situations beyond our control, my beloved wife's daily driver is
having an extended holiday at our local panel beaters.  The process of
natural selection (my beloved wife, naturally, gets first selection) the SO
has claimed my daily driver for the next week and I will be herding the A
about the municipality.  Of course the weather calls for rain every day
this week.  I put the top up last night and attached the sidescreens in
preparation.

Actually, I am looking forward to this week.  The weather since June has
been bloody awful for top down motoring with rainy days outnumbering dry
ones by a healthy margin.  After a fast start, the mileage has been
accumulating much slower lately and the A needs its exercise.

My left rear wheel bearing is still making noise but it hasn't gotten any
worse in the last 500 or so miles.  I have chosen not to autocross untill a
new bearing is fitted.  The front bearing on the dynamo is loose, also but
I squirt it occansionaly with motorcycle chain lube (excellent at creeping
into tight spots) and it is still limping along.  The A has been the
picture of reliability this summer so I don't expect any issues.  This is
in marked contrast to the Spit**re that occupied my garage a few year back
where it always needed some kind of attention in exchange for coninued
forward progress.  I suppose that will teach me for buying an inferior
marque ;-)

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA filling in for the H*nda this week