mgs

Re: British Car Appreciation

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: British Car Appreciation
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 14:38:26 -0400
Kai Radicke wrote:
> That is one big crock of crap!  I have had more emails from young
> enthusiasts to me commenting on my website than I have on older
> enthusiasts.

  Now gee Kai, do you think that has any relation to
the typical demographic of people that surf the web
all day?

  ie: Young people?

  The classic price curve of cars would seem to say that
T cars are on their way down, MGAs and TR3s and others
of the era are peaked, later cars will rise a little more
before the peak.

  To see the classic price curve of cars, look at
ford model As and Ts. The highest value seems to
appear when the people who were teenagers when
they came out are now in their disposable income
years.

  Once the people who yearned for the cars when young
die or get too old to collect cars, the values fall. Case
in point, how badly do you want a nice Model T in
concours condition? Probably not badly, if at all.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada