mgs

Intake/Exhaust Tech ?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Intake/Exhaust Tech ?
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 13:57:21 EDT
All:

In regards to MG Midgets:

Will a 1974 (1500) exhaust header pipe will to a 1979 (1500) exhaust
manifold?

Will a pre-1975 carburetor bolt to a 1979 (1500) intake manifold?

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1974 and (another) 1979 Midget:  The
'79s body is toast (extreme body rot, sills and floor pans gone, etc) and
it has a bad engine (rod hanging out the block) but the car is complete
with a good transmission and rear axle.  The '74  is missing most
everything that bolts to the engine but appears to be salvageable, and
has a boot and body full of spare parts (two carburetors, two
distributors, buckets o' bolts and brackets, etc), and the body is very
good shape for a Midwest US car (minimal dings, and only rust is one inch
hole on right rear quarter).

My intent is to build the '74 from the parts available (as well as
salvage as many miscellaneous parts as I can for my 'good' '79) , but
have no desire to buy any major components.

Any assistance that can be offered would be appreciated.

/S/   Rich

Richard D. Arnold
Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA

richard.arnold@juno.com

"It is wise to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties."
James Madison ca. 1791