mgs

Re: Cold, Normal, Hot equals????

To: gardner@lwcomm.com
Subject: Re: Cold, Normal, Hot equals????
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 06:52:58 EDT
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 22:37:44 +0000 "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
writes:
>Can anybody tell me what temperatures correspond to the 'C', 'N' and
>'H' readings on an MGB water temperature gauge?  I don't let mine get
>above halfway between the 'N' and 'H', and it usually hangs just
>below the 'N', but it would be nice to have to some hard numbers to
>go with the letters.
>
>Scott Gardner
>gardner@lwcomm.com
>www.lwcomm.com/~gardner

Hi Scott,
  Where the needle rests in the gauge will probably vary with the gauge
and sending unit in a given car, but here is my experience for
consideration.
  With a 165 thermostat the needle was about 3/4 of the way to the N in
the C-N sector. It fluctuated down, often, so I replaced it with a 190
stat. That was in January. (We're in Connecticut)  Needle then moved to
just touch the right leg of the N. That's where it stays, unless air temp
gets into the 90s, when it moves about 1/8 inch to the right of N.
Bob