mgs

RE: Mike Lishego's MG insurance question

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Mike Lishego's MG insurance question
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:11:16 -0500

----------
From:   Yumichow@ix.netcom.com[SMTP:Yumichow@ix.netcom.com]
Sent:   Tuesday, August 19, 1997 5:18 PM
To:     mgs@autox.team.net

What would happen if my
>uninsured, unregistered MGB was to be eaten by some natural disaster?
>It's not roadworthy yet, so insuring it is out. =20
Mike Lishego
>"She had to move.  Things were going to well."

Mike:
MG technical knowledge I don't have, therefore my daily e-mail tech =
sessions.=20
 I'm a Branch Claims Supervisor for Farmers Insurance handling both =
property=20
and liability claims.  This situation I've had the unfortunate =
experience of=20
handling and denying coverage on all too often.  Many homeowners =
policies are=20
the same, from company to company and state to state, as they DO NOT =
cover=20
ANY motorized  4 wheeled vehicle capable of being licensed and =
registered for=20
street use whether the car has auto insurance or not.  Basically, the =
intent of the=20
homeowners policy is to solely cover a home. =20

My advise  to you is to get auto insurance for your MG, comprehensive =
AND=20
collision coverage, as you'll sleep better at night should a tornado =
choose your=20
car as it's next lunch.  Call JC Taylor at 1-800-345-8290 as they're =
VERY=20
reasonable.  Moreso than Farmers, State Farm, Allstate, AAA, etc.  You =
have to=20
ask yourself if you can afford to replace your prize MG for less than =
the cost of a=20
yearly auto insurance premium.  I think not. =20

Donald Tatera=20
(78 MG Midget, 79 MG Midget & 79 Triumph Spitfire - harvest mobile only)

 ok, I've said it before but nobody was paying attention. I have been =
paying for comprehensive coverage on my still not finished B for almost =
twenty years now-costs me about twelve bucks a year- last year when it =
was hit by a suicidal tree, State Farm cheerfully handed me a check for =
1500 and some odd dollars. Well, maybe not cheerfully. But it spent just =
as well. I don't think collision would make any sense on a non-driven =
car, but I would not dream of canceling that comp.
Eric