mgs

Re: Holes behind cockpit

To: gofastmg@juno.com
Subject: Re: Holes behind cockpit
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:40:38 EDT
Good question--I'm certain that there are a number of them. Since the
cars were exported to a number of places, local requirements had to be
met and customer desires as well. Examples I can think of include LH
drive and RH drive; that the belts in the 72 cars were optional in the
home market and different from those in the US; separate bulb and
reflector headlamps vs sealed beams, metric speedos vs MPH. Then, too,
are the changes that were made in the vehicle itself over the years, such
as the 3 synchro to 4 synchro gearbox which necessitated a change in the
trans tunnel; the generator to alternator upgrade, etc.  Research on this
could be a good winter project.
Bob