mgs

Re: Leaky Body

To: saschris@flash.net
Subject: Re: Leaky Body
From: Bert Otten <Bert.Otten@nni.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 09:51:59 +0100
>>> Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net> 08/13/97 01:44AM >>>wrote:

- SNIP - My B has been restored over the past 4 years.  In the process, nearly
every piece of body sealing rubber has been replaced.  My problem is that the
car leaks in into both
footwells.  This is a problem whether the car is driven in the rain, or
merely washed with a low pressure garden hose.  Invariably, the rubber floor
mats will have standing puddles in them.  Does anyone have a clue where this
water is coming from?

Chris,

Last year I had the same problem. I would check and clean the heater
compartment drain tube. From above it is difficult to see. (with the heater
removed it is easy!!) On the underside of the car you see a rubber tube ending
in a plastic bulb thing next to the gearbox on the passengers side. On mine
this tube was full with crud of leaves and mud etc. Try to clean it by poking
around with a wrie spoke or so.

It stopped the leaking in the footwells on mine. I don't have any leakage
anymore.

Bert Otten
'66 B