mgs

Re: early vs late MGB's

To: drded@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: early vs late MGB's
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 01:22:03 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-10 21:47:27 EDT, drded@ix.netcom.com writes:

> When comparing
>  it to my
>  >72 it felt "loose."   The 72 is very tight.  It made the 66 feel
>  "wobbly"
>  >although there were no vibrations.

Before I redid the bushings in the front suspension of my '77, I noticed that
the car felt wobbly.  By replacing every rubber part in there, along with a
careful rebuild of all associated front-end components, I felt sure that I
had tightened the car up a bit.  When I drove it again, it was tighter, but I
noticed some play and an occasional "clunk."    Upon further inspection, i
found that I was missing two of the four giant studs that hold the
crossmember to the frame.  The other two were, of course, loose.  Replaced
'em, and the play was gone.  Check those studs - they're kind of important!
~Mike Lishego