mgs

Re: TF Vapor Lock

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TF Vapor Lock
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 14 Jul 1997 10:40:55 -0500
In <3.0.32.19970712072338.0069c5f4@pop.pipeline.com>, Ronald Olds wrote:
>I will try this again. I have been recieving message from this list but
>haven't been able to send any out. It appears I was no longer subscribed
>even though I have been recieving mail.
>
>I neighbor of mine has a TF which the way she discribes it sounds like
>vapor lock.  Can any one tell me if TF's are known for this and if so is
>there a cure?

All of the T's suffer from vapor lock, which is especially aggravated
in hot weather (ambient temp >95 or so).  In mine it will run OK, but
if I stop for just a minute or two it is very difficult to start and
"surges" (runs/relaxes) for several minutes.  Ya gotta figure that
having the float chambers about two inches from the exhaust pipe has
something to do with this....  Only thing I can suggest is to double
check and make sure that the heat shield is intact.  It is a kind of
sandwich, and all of that good asbestos can fall out, which severely
compromises its efficiency.  I have seen tinfoil on gas lines etc but
I don't think that does any good.  The only solution I know to be
effective is wait until fall.

                        A. B. Bonds