mgs

Re: Alternator upgrades

To: aramm@concentric.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternator upgrades
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 09:01:50 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-01 08:19:31 EDT, aramm@concentric.net (aramm)
writes:

<< What is a good recommended alternator to upgrade the stock Lucas one.
 I've heard talk of a Delco unit being a direct drop-in replacement.
 Does anybody know which is best?

 Thanks!

 Andy >>

Andy,

The Delco solution is a common one although any replacement will require some
modification. Another possibility is a 65 amp Mitsubishi alternator with
built-in regulator from a '83 - '84 RX-7. That is the route I took. The
mounting is very similar to the Lucas and it's smaller.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget