mgs

Re: SCUMBAGS

To: TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: SCUMBAGS
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:01:24 EDT
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 13:16:19 -0700 (PDT) (20:16 UT) PHILIPPE TUSLER
<TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com> writes:
>>I was in Texas last month and asked a fellow down there if they
> had the same problem in Texas.  I loved his reply - "No, but
>< killing's still kind of legal in Texas"!
>
> Yes, Texas is still sort of primitive and unenlightened.  They
>perform executions on a regular basis.  There are those that argue
>that punishment is not a deterrent.  All I know is, if I go to Texas,
>I ain't messin' around!
>
> The 'Air Taser' sounds nice, but the seat-spike has a certain
>symbolic
>appeal...

Yes, in Texas it is legal to kill someone trying to take your property,
whether your life is in danger or not.  Repo men are *real* careful here.

Something that no one seems to have thought about on the spike thing:
How many false alarms does the average car have vs. the times it is
actually stolen?  A "false spike" would be no fun.  Talk about "being
hoisted by one's own petard!"  Ouch!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX