mgs

Re: Car Covers

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car Covers
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 22:05:38 -0700
At 12:29 PM 5/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>My business is growing and I am forced to give up my garage space for the MGB
>for the next 7 or 8 months.  This means parking the car in the driveway and
>covering it up.  Trying to decide on a suitable car cover.  Am interested in
>anyone's experience with either the Technalon cover or possibly the TYVEC
>cover sold by Moss.  Any comments ?
>
>PS. The paint isn't the greatest on the car so I 'm not too concerned with
>the softness of the Technalon. I'm more concerned with protection from the
>elements.

 Hi Bruce,

I just read a post from a lister in Southern Cal who had poor luck with the
Technalon, allow me to add a different perspective.  Here on the Wet Coast
of the Great Green North our major weather element is water, the Technalon
has stood up well to the elements.  My TC is inside in the real winter but
from early spring till late fall she's out in the weather for most of the
time and has been covered with a Technalon cover for the past four years.
Other than dirt and a tear (induced by yours truely , who's brain was
elsewhere at the time) it's in very good shape.  It still repels most of the
water and does a pretty good job of protecting.  The GT has only a thin
cotton cover for protection and I've never had any other kind, so I have no
point of reference, but I'm pleased witht the Technalon so far.

YMMV,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT