mgs

British Car Week in VT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: British Car Week in VT
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 13:31:10 -0400 (EDT)
I drove Kermit the Frogeye to work and on my errands Tues and Wed.  I
chickened out today because thunderstorms were predicted (looks like the
prediction was wrong) and because my other car was in the street and
paving equipment was heading toward it.  Didn't want it paved over.

I haven't had a lot of other sightings.  Monday and Tuesday I saw the same
MGBGT at the hospital.  Today, a friend drove his lovely black XK120 in.
I'm not sure what the car's history is; it looks unrestored except for
maybe one paint job.  He says he has been driving it all week.  He got
caught in a downpour on the interstate, and says very little water comes
in at 70 mph with the top down, so he just kept going and eventually the
rain ended before he had to slow.  I went out to look at it; it isn't
every day you see an XK120 in the parking lot, and it is even rarer to see
one that is dirty from regular use in rain and on gravel roads.  He takes
great care of the car, but drives it.  The inspection sticker shows he's
driven it about 800 miles since the middle of April.

The local british car club publicized BC week and is having a cook out
on Sat with a prize for the car that has been driven the farthest this
week.  Bruce (the Jag owner) is likely to win.

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629