mgs

Re: Won't start?

To: MICHAEL J ROBSON <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Won't start?
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 21:51:18 -0500
MICHAEL J ROBSON wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jan 1997 16:46:50 -0500 Rick Hoefle
> <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>
> >Just for the record, I went through the CT process in August to get th
> >registered.  There is no longer any DMV reason to get a special plate
> >for your classic car, but they do offer it to you (no extra charge).
> >
> >I foolishly thought they would be neat, so I took a set.  They do have
> >
> >only numbers (five digits), as you said, BUT they are called Early
> >American plates and  they have the letters E A on them and some
> >Model-T
> >like thing...a rather unpleasant surprise when I opened the envelope.
> >
> >The C doesn't seem to care much, but it still disturbs me.
> >
> >Anyway, if you register a LBC in CT just get the ordinary plates.
> >--
> >

> >Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
> >            1969 MGC            - HERS
> >
> Thanks for the info Rick - sounds a tad tacky  after all - perhaps I
> should look at it from colour coordination point of view! - the GT is
> flame so the ordinary blue is ok, the 69 is(or should i say will be
> again....) black..hmmm not sure - the 72 is BRG and as we all know "Blue
> and BRG should never be seen" - think ill stick to the "preserve the
> sound" ones - hehe
>
> mike

OK, Mike:
Sorry to complicate your life, BUT the EA plates are black letters on a
white background.  SO, from a color coordination point of view, anything
goes (in Connecticut).  Furthermore, the EA plates are no extra cost
(the LI Sound plates are like $50 extra to contribute to the cause).

Still, Early American just doesn't sit well with me...not on a LBC
anyway.