mgs

Re: Odd Auto Shops

To: WJAD81D@prodigy.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Odd Auto Shops
From: MOMBARI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 00:32:38 -0400
Hello, I've worked in the same dealership for 13 years and not considered
common practice to "road test" cars home. I personally do not like to take a
customer's car home even IF the customer requests it. The only reason we
would even take a car home is if the customer considers the car dangerous
even though we cannot find any faults with it (i.e. dies suddenly,
drivability problems, etc.) None of us  like driving a "problem" car home
either as most of us commute ( I drive 80 miles round trip a day). And there
also is the chance of the car leaving us stranded. I've had quite a few
instances of cars suddenly start sputtering in the fast lane, 20 miles from
home (image here). I've also have had cars leave me stranded after picking up
my kids at daycare and had to walk 3 miles home with two very young and
hungry kids and tired dad. I still had to go back in the dark to get the car
started after. So for me, I don't like driving cars home, as I am on my time
and don't want to be responsible for an abandoned customer's car. If I were
you try another shop and leave your "Seinfeld" mechanic. (you had to see that
episode to understand). Good luck....Safety Fast....roland........52
Austin.....73 MGB

 Try another shop!