mgs

re: Midget buzzer boxes and flywheel nuts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Midget buzzer boxes and flywheel nuts
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 8:15:13 -24000
I fixed my '76 Midget buzzer problem by ripping the d*mn thing out and
tossing it overboard during a drive when it went off continuously.  End of
problem.

regarding hard to remove pulley bolts/nuts: I recently did a timing belt
change on a truck with a pulley bolt that wouldn't budge for love nor money.
My wimpy air equipment, supposedly good to 250 ft-lb had no effect.  Blocking
the wheels with the truck in gear-no effect. The problem lies not just in the
amount of torque, but the fact you need a good hard shock to break the thing
loose, and the drive train tends to absorb shock.

I finally went to NAPA and bought a chain wrench.  This is like an oil filter
strap wrench, but uses what looks like a length of bicycle chain.  The chain
wrench held the pulley very well while undid the pulley bolt.  I didn't mark
up the pulley either, but I could have put a shop rag over the pulley if I
cared.

For what it worth [.02]

regards,

Sean Johnson