mgs

SAE or Whitworth?

To: "MG List" <"mgs@autox.team.net"@internet.mts.dec.com>
Subject: SAE or Whitworth?
From: "Peter Rebbechi" <"rebbechi peter"@a1.meoc02.sno.mts.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 96 22:41:01 -0500
Planning on buying either an A or a B (roadster) within the next 2-3
months.
On looking at my workshop (currently renovating, buy MG when
finished), I have realised that I require some fresh tools.
Are MG's SAE or whitworth threads on fasteners?
Is A/F SAE?
I have time to assemble a decent set of tools for the new workshop,
and have a realistic (?) budget set aside ($2k) for tools.
Suggestions anyone?
I have a 1.5CWT trolley jack, and little else once I throw out the
junk.
looking to do non-bodywork restorations only.
regards from Australia

Peter.rebbechi@meo.mts.dec.com