mgs

RE: battery on concrete experiment

To: David <dventr01@servax.fiu.edu>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: battery on concrete experiment
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:20:00 -0800 (PST)
Perhaps the experiment should be conducted in close proximity to an MG,
preferably one that is running. Since all electronics in an MG derive their
flakeyness from their very presence in an MG, the test should be conducted
where it will most likely fail, in a running MG. The aura around an MG
causes all electronic devices to go flakey, it's not just because they are
Lucas. I site the following evidence:

When passing parked cars, an MG will cause the parked car's alarms to
malfunction and false alarm.
Coincidence? I think not.

The jaguar/horn incident described in the past few days. Repeatedly tested
and confirmed.
Coincidence? I think not.

Any electric device taken out of an MG will test perfectly on the bench but
undoubtedly fail when placed back in the MG
Coincidence? I think not.

Further Theories....
Any time you have an intermittent electrical problem in an MG you are
experiencing the combined effects of two MGs' auras passing by and briefly
occupying each other's space. This is only a temporary condition and will
only occur when you are within a few miles of another MG.

I have no idea what effects humidity has on this but I do believe that if we
didn't drive our MGs on concrete all the time they would be less likely to
leave us stranded, much like the batteries.
Of course this is all pure speculation...

Chris