mgs

Re: Gas Tank Rust

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Rust
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 17:24:13 -0400
>If only surface rust and dirt

I venture that the real problem here with "rust" is that on our T types and
older, we can see the inside of the gas tank....all cars have rust in the gas
tanks, you just can't see it.
If a car has been sitting around for decades, then yes, you need to take the
tank off and do the proper clean out, get the gum out and I used the sealant
on my tank 8 years ago with no problems developing.   I don't think the
normal surface rust that must be present in all cars presents a real problem
nor needs to be worried about.....that is why the SU has a screen and the
Carbs have a well to trap what does get out.  Just MHO and I'd appreciate
comments....
Terry