mgs

Black bumper refinishing?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Black bumper refinishing?
From: wkube@iadfw.net
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 13:01:30 -0500
I am restoring my '79B.  The rubber bumpers are in fairly good condition other
than some surface deterioration from ozone(?) ultraviolet from sunlight(?),
etc.  Sort of what you would expect to also see on tires that have been
outside for a number of years.  I have seen black bumper paint at
autoparts/autopaint stores.  Anyone had any experience with this stuff?  Any
other recommendations short of $Replacement?
>From the condition of the bumper in protected areas (under the badge) and
inside the parking lamp area, I would assume that the original was a smooth,
semi-gloss finish.  Correct?

Wayne Kube
'79B