mgs

Re: '73 MGB, Running on #1,2,4 !!

To: Jon N Swanson <swanson@kira.ecs.umass.edu>
Subject: Re: '73 MGB, Running on #1,2,4 !!
From: Joanne Hershfield / Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 20:54:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Jon, was curious, did you say this car sat for a while.?

If so, like more than 6 months, the fuel in the tank could be
varnish...that happens pretty fast with the newer fuels.

Has the tank been drained and cleaned?

I there a good fuel filter before the pump and again another before the
carbs, like under the hood... things could be clogging up... at least
that has happened to me on previous re-incarnation attempts. Sometimes
for a fuel supply untill all else is checked out, I'll provide clean fuel
in a big funel held against the radiator mount with clamps, esp if the
fuel tank supply / cleanliness is suspect.. or find a boat motor or other
type of temporary gravity feed tank to work with until she puuurrrrrsss.

PS.) No smoking or sparks please.....

anyway, just a few more thoughts...

Jim Fink
'69 B