mgs

Re: 73B Seat Belts, etc.

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: 73B Seat Belts, etc.
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 11:56:54 -0400
John Trindle writes:
>As part of the interior kit, we received a "cockpit rail cover"...
>however, we can't figure out where it goes!  It doesn't seem to be for
>the door rail caps, as we have a separate kit for that.
>
>Thanks!

John -
It's for that narrow strip of material that finishes off the rear edge of
the "cockpit" - just inboard of the rear window of your top.  The metal
strip it wraps around comes out with some nuts - reach under the edge of
the cockpit opening to get them out - and good luck - I couldn't get them
all out on my '73 and the original rail cover is still there!

Allen Bachelder

Allen H. Bachelder, Associate Professor of Trumpet
                                         =iii=<
Department of Music, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
E-mail: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu, Phone: 703-231-6713,  Fax 703-231-5034