mgs

Re: MGB bodywork docs

To: owner-mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB bodywork docs
From: "Bert Ljungstrom" <S5P7@acad1.csd.unbsj.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 09:25:27 AST
> Date sent:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 17:10:45 EST
> From:           "Phil Hunt, Proj Leader, Frontenac County Board Of Education"
>                 <huntp@admin.fcbe.edu.on.ca>
> To:             mgs@autox.team.net
> Copies to:      huntp@admin.fcbe.edu.on.ca
> Subject:        MGB bodywork docs
> Send reply to:  "Phil Hunt, Proj Leader, Frontenac County Board Of Education"
><huntp@admin.fcbe.edu.on.ca>

> (* regrets if this is an FAQ -- I just joined the list ;-)
>
> I'm looking for some manuals that do a decent job of explaining the
> bodywork of the MGB ('74).
> I'm looking for something that talks about the does and don'ts of
> changing floors, rocker panels, castle rails, etc.  I've never done
> this kind of major body work before...I talked to the pros round town
> and they're booked solid.  Specifically, where can I find the measurements
> to ensure the car properly aligned during welding?

  Phil,
      I would suggest the British car mag "Practical Classics". They
have been doing a restoration of a BGT over the last year with lots
of series photographs and decent explanations of MG structure that is
not really in the Resto guide. (which I have)

  If you are unable to get your hands on them I have the complete
bunch. E-mail me and and I can get you some copies or provide you
with their back issues address.

Bert Ljungstrom
Saint John, New Brunswick