1980 MGB for sale

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: 1980 MGB for sale
From: Bill Zenkus <mgb_zenkus@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:23:21 -0700 (PDT)
A friend's brother has a 1980 MGB for sale in Connecticut.
If anyone is
interested please let me know - I have a lot of pictures but did not wish to
bombard everyone.

Also, tapping the knowledge of all - anyone ever had and
resolved an exhaust leak?

I am running the block hugger headers and have
never been able to completely stop the exhaust smell in the passenger
compartment. It's OK for the 50 mile round trip drives to work, around town
and weekend cruise meets and shows if weather permits top down driving. But I
can not use it if I need to put the top up (especially bad with the hard top
on it).

The Y-pipe junctions are slip fit with stainless band clamps.  D&D
did all of the head work and the ports on the heads are straight, flat and
true.

I even bought 1/8th thick 100% REMFLEX solid graphite gaskets with a
50% crush. These seem to work but I need to re-torque the header bolts after
every 100 miles or so (4 times since putting these new gaskets on.)

I am
thinking of giving the headers to a shop to re-weld the flanges from the
outside (pipe side - not head side) then having the head side of the flanges
trued on a big belt sander to make sure all of the mounting surfaces are flat.
Any help/advice is very much appreciated.

Bill Zenkus
74 MGB, 63 Olds & 89
GM T5