oil pans and pickups

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pans and pickups
From: "James Nazarian" <james.nazarian@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:18:44 -0400
Does anyone here have any experience with building racing oil pans and
pickup systems.  I'm having trouble maintaining oil pressure around corners
with the V8.  Since it is primarily an autocross car, that is a problem.
The pan and pickup are essentially stock BOP.  I have added one baffle, it
is a horizontal plate welded into the pan at the same height as the pickup.
It has oil return holes at the corners, and will hold one quart below it.
It has helped, but still does not solve the problem.  I think I am still
uncovering one side of the pickup around corners.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

thanks,
James