RE: Temp sensor position

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Temp sensor position
From: "Daryl Naskale" <mgb@naskale.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:19:46 -0500
When you say the car is stationary, do you mean the engine is shut down, or
just idling? If it is shut down then the engine is not producing any new
heat, anyway, and the fan will have probably moved enough air that it should
be fine. If it is idling then the thermostat will open back up and get the
coolant moving into the engine and the fan will kick back on if needed. To
make a long story short, either way you should be fine with the sensor in
the radiator. I have set up many cars that way and never had a problem. The
fan may run longer than it needs to if the sensor is on the engine, as long
as the coolant is at or below normal operating temperature, all is good.
Cooling it down extra fast is of no benefit in a car with an adequate
cooling system.

Daryl