Re: 302 conversions

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 302 conversions
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:18:29 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
What?  A Ford engine in a British Sports Car.  Are you nuts?  (ha ha ha, grin,
smile and stated with tongue in cheek).

Seriously, if it was good enough for Carroll Shelby, it is good enough for me.
I recently finished putting an '87 Mustang GT 302 in my 1956 Triumph TR3.
Although not an MGB, I'm sure that many of the same principles apply.  I
absolutely love the Duraspark II ignition system.  It started on the first
crank and continues to do so.  I starts so easily that I figure I must have
done something wrong.

Welcome to the list and the crazy world of V8 conversions.  (and V6
conversions, too).  Good luck with your project.  Here are a few websites that
helped me out with my Ford conversion:

http://www.britishv8.org/

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14876&highlight=al
ternator