New Diff / Custom Wiring

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: New Diff / Custom Wiring
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 18:52:16 EDT
Cc: pbrauen1@bellsouth.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi All,

The new 3.0 Diff and driveshaft are all complete on my 75 B V8 and it  really
works well. It's a tamed beast now - can cruise down the highway  much more
comfortably - 2800 RPM at 70 instead of 4000.  Still kick's  butt from a stop
too, so it has worked out great.   If you want to go  with a simpler rear end
swap than what I've heard is required with the ford and  chevvy rear ends,
contact Peter Brauen at _pbrauen1@bellsouth.net_
(mailto:pbrauen1@bellsouth.net) .
 I bought  the rear end ready to put in the MG using my axles / brakes / hubs
for less  than the going rate for the ford/chevvy rear ends, swapped the diff
and put my  parts back on it, and then had the driveshaft modified for the
different length  nose on the diff.  Actually I found out it was my next door
neighbor who  works at the driveshaft shop, and he made me a new driveshaft and
only charged  me for the u-joints. All the parts are readily available Spicer
parts, so  once you have the measurement from transmission flange to diff flang
e, you could  order the parts and get the local shop to put one together for
you. So I got all the work done for under $1000.

Working on cleaning up some of my custom wiring when I did my conversion -
would like to switch to bullet connectors instead of the twist on's.  Those
pieces are available in Vicky Brit, but look pretty expensive.  Anybody  know
where I can get those in bulk?  Seems like there was a pretty detailed  article
in one of the MGB V8 newsletters a couple years ago that talked about  how to
make a new wiring harness from scratch and where to get the components in
bulk, but I don't have it anymore after two moves.  It might be Volume IX,
issue
2, I see a wiring article on the web site.

Things are coming together for the trip to Terre Haute in a month.   Hope to
meet many of you there.

Safety Faster.....with a V8.

Rick