Re: brake line flanges

To: Al Dufault <adufault@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: brake line flanges
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:04:22 -0500
Cc: MGB-V8 <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Al,
Unless there is some bizarre Whitworth or Pozidrive flare that those sneaky Brits have concocted solely for the purpose of thwarting us Yanks, (and I wouldn't put it past them!!! ) it should fall into only one of three categories I know of: A 45Deg. flare, a 37Deg. flare or an ISO flare. The 45 flare is usualy a double flare, unless it is in stainless tube, in which case a single 45 is all that is found. The 37 flare is used for hooking up to AN style connects, which are common on race cars or specialy modified cars. I believe the 37 is just a single flare (correct me if I'm wrong). The ISO flare, which I think is on the MGB, looks more like a bump, or a double flare that somebody didn't finish folding the second flare back on itself
Does your flare (the one you made) look like a perfect double-wall cone, while the one on the car look more like a bump? If so, you have made a proper 45deg flare, but the car wants an ISO. I dont know if the ISO can be made on the double flare tool or not. Anyone know? Do a web search on "ISO flare" and see what you get. I don't ever recall seeing an ISO flare tool, though.
Let us know waht you find.
James J.

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.