RE: temp/oil pressure kill switches

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: temp/oil pressure kill switches
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:28:11 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The early '90's Saab 9000's used a dual temp switch which would most
likely suit your purposes.  I know the thread is the same as used in the
TR8's 3.5 liter Rover engine manifold and radiator because I use Saab
sensors in my TR8.  Sorry I don't recall the thread pitch.

I suspect the VW sensor mentioned by others is the same PN as the Saab
part.  The details are buried in a manual, so I didn't dig them out, but
I can check the temp ranges if you want me to.

BTW - I use a VW Dasher temp sensor in my 1988 Saab because it turns the
fans on at a lower temperature, so you may want to check out sensors for
both VW and Saab, and pick the range you want.

Jack
1980 Triumph TR8
1960 Triumph TR3
1988 Saab 9000S