Re: Header paint

To: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header paint
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:47:13 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
It may be unobtainable outside the UK but I used Halfords Very High
Temperature Aluminium 'rattle can' on new tubular mild steel manifolds.  I
was as careful as I could be about preparing the surfaces with abrasives and
solvents, and after several years there were only one or two places where
the surface was less than as freshly painted (not flaking), possibly where I
had missed a bit in preparation or damaged it in subsequent spannering.