Re: SDI Box

To: sgreen@eurobell.net
Subject: Re: SDI Box
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:35:46 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Simon,

I've got the same 'box and the fill port is on the rear, left side, located
below and just ahead of where the speedo cable attaches. There's a British
Leyland logo stamped onto the case just above the bolt.  I had a picture of
this some time ago because someone else asked the same thing but alas, it is
now gone. Drain plug is in the same area.

It holds 1.5 litres or 2.7 pints according to the Haynes manual I have for
the Rover 3500. Also recommended that Type "G" Automatic Transmission Fluid
be used on later models, not gear oil.

Cheers
Simon Austin