British V8 2003

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: British V8 2003
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:47:38 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Make your reservations NOW! The 2003 British V8 Convention will be held May
1, 2, & 3, at the Highland Manor Inn (1-800-213-9462,
http://www.highlandmanor.com ). There's a BUNCH of stuff going on that
weekend, so be sure to get your reservations in early. Rates are 89.50 plus
tax. Mention NAMBGR.

What's going on?

1. British Car Gathering 15 will be going on at the Best Western next door,
with 180 British cars on hand.
2. The Townsend Old Time Music Festival will be taking place all around the
area (That's COUNTRY music, Steve Carrick, REAL country music!)
3. The National Street Rod Association will be having their SE Nationals in
Knoxville, with over 3500 street rods in attendance. This event brings every
major hot rod/performance parts vender to the area, so it's a good chance to
check out some parts you've been wanting for your British Street Rod!
4. Pigeon Forge: There's always a ton of things to do in Pigeon Forge,
something for every member of the family, every one from toddlers to geezers,
including even teenagers! Be sure to bring plenty of money for the wives -
shopping is supreme in Pigeon Forge - three days won't be long enough to shop
all the manufacturer's outlet stores. For the kids, there's everything from
carnival rides to go-karts to a real gold mine where they can actually pan
for gold.
5. Gatlinburg: A neat little "Art & Crafts" town, snuggled right next door to
the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. You could easily spend an entire day
in Gatlinburg alone. Don't miss Ripley's Aquarium. You'll want to visit the
Village, and have breakfast at the Pancake House. Try their Lingonberry
pancakes or, for lunch, the Polish Aristocrat sandwich. Or better yet, do
what my wife and I do - buy one of each and split them.
6. The Great Smokey Mountain National park: The most visited park in the
Nation, about two miles from the host motel. Top-down driving through the
Smokies is a real treat, plenty of winding roads and lots of scenic vistas.
Don't miss a drive through Cades Cove.
7. The Dragon!  Don't forget the Dragon - 318 curves in 11 miles. People come
from all over the world to drive this piece of highway. For insurance
reasons, this won't be part of the event, but you may want to take a side
excursion and check it out. About 2 hours from the motel.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com
8. As if that weren't enough, we plan to have plenty to do ourselves. Event
planning is still under way, but we hope to have enough to do to keep you
away from the other things mentioned above, yet allow enough free time so you
can take some of them in.

See you there!