Piston Options

To: MGB Newsgroup <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston Options
From: James Jewell <m1garandusa@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 10:21:18 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm slooooooooowly gathering the pieces to do a 215 based stroker, so
I'll be looking to get pistons that I can use with the 3.5" (+0.030)
bore, 300 crank and 300 heads (stock Buick rods).  What are everyone's
favorite |ber-pistons for this recipie, if I'm looking for a
cast-hyperutectic piece?  I see all the fancy pistons in the major
catalogs, with the low-friction skirts and valve-relief domes, but they
are almost all for the 4" bore and larger blocks.  I see some listed in
Dan's  D & D catalog, but it doesn't give me much info to go on.  Can
anyone tell me what motors have compatible bores and comp. heights, and
what major supplier might carry them?  No luck with PAW and Summit.

p.s.  If the concencus is that there is nothing to be gained by hi-tec
pistons, let me know that too.  This is for the street, not the track.

James J.