RE: intake manifold

To: "'Al Dufault'" <adufault@nycap.rr.com>, "'MGB-V8'" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: intake manifold
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:53:04 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Al-

Are you sure you need to machine the intake? At this point, you have not
installed the engine, correct? I suggest you not do any machining until the
engine is in, a low rider air cleaner is in place, & the bonnet lowered to
check clearance.

If you do have a clearance problem, lowering the engine on the slotted
mounts, with the aid of a stout bar to strike with a BFH, or slotting the
adapters bolted to the engine to move the engine farther back in the engine
bay, or both, will give additional clearance at the bonnet.

The farther back & down the engine sits, the better the car will handle, as
you try to achieve a 50/50 weight balance. I am a great proponent of Glenn
Towery's A/C mounts as a way to locate the engine farther back, & in fact,
have slotted them to get another 1/2" of rearward movement. The result is
that my engine clears the bonnet with more than 1/2" to spare, & I am not
using a low rider air cleaner.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@usa.com>