Re: mgb seats

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgb seats
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:00:50 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
> I've forgotten the 'autox.team' for regular MGBs, but I'd like to join up
> just so I can send this out there, too.  Will someone tell me again how to
> sign up there?

If you want to be added to mgs, then send an email message to

majordomo@autox.team.net with nothing in the text of the message but the
line

  subscribe mgs

> Looking at them, I cant tell whether they've been botched
> already in earlier fixit attempts or if it's just the British way of
putting
> them together.  e.g., There are wire circles just looped thru the rubber
> bottoms holding on the covers.

Ahem, that is the diaphragm that stops your a*** wearing out the carpet.

>   Where's a good place to look for resource for assembly /disassembly
text?
> Pictures, etc?

Lyndsay Porters 'Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration' of the MGB,
republished as 'The MGB Restoration Manual'.

> I dont even know what the chrome levers along the sides are
> for!

They recline the seat-back.