Re: how heavy?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how heavy?
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 06:40:38 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Randy,

In flipping back through some old issues of the V8 newsletter, I came accross
the weight of the Rover V8 block at 320 lbs.  Let's say that's the long
block, and it weighs 40 lbs less than the cast iron MGB 4 cylinder engine, so
we're up to 360 lbs.  Add intake and exhaust manifold, carburetor,
generator/alternator, water pump, and starter, and you're well over 400 lbs.
If the transmission is still attached, add another 125 or so lbs. I've pulled
the engine several times and would never try it without a cherry picker.
Even four guys leaning over the engine bay I don't think could lift the
engine out carefully and safely.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Rick