RE: Cost to machine Hotwire EFI unit

To: Simon Green <sgreen@eurobell.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cost to machine Hotwire EFI unit
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:35:53 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
>From what I've read, the inlet manifold (plenum) will
cause hood interference.

Details about the modifications can be found at:

http://www.mgbv8.co.uk/fuelinjection.htm

There seems to be a lot of EFI knowledge on the BBS.
There is also machine drawings in the "How to give
your MGB V8 Power" book.  It looks like a fair amount
of machining will be required, although I'm sure it
depends on location of engine etc, which usually
varies from conversion to conversion.

Your statement about it running "a lot better" on
injection, I'm sure will be commented on.  It seems
that there are Pro-EFI and and Against-EFI groups of
people.  I suspect the answer is probably somewhere in
between, with the EFI having boths pro's and con's.

I still haven't heard from anyone in the US who has
actually had the machine work done to know what it
cost them.

Glenn