Rover 3.9 Value? Misc. parts for sale, etc.

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover 3.9 Value? Misc. parts for sale, etc.
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 06:18:02 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
As some of you probably remember, my V8 had some
serious problems over the July 4th weekend on a trip
to Maine.  I ended up having AAA tow me to Jack
Emery's shop, where he replaced two blown head
gaskets, and some other misc. stuff.  To make the
story even more interesting, I went back to Maine last
weekend, to drive the car back home to NY.  The car
ran fine, but ended up developing a massive oil leak
on the way back, which caused me to have to keep
stopping to top up the oil.  A very long day.

I've about dumped all the money into this engine that
I'm going to (there's a saying about throwing good
money after bad).  There are some good parts in it
(less than 2k since new), that will end up for sale
this fall.  This includes:
1. A Crane Cam, Crane Lifters, and timing chain (2k).

2. A Buick V6 timing cover with the neoprene seal
(2k).
3.  A complete set of Buick 215 heads that were
recently decked.  Includes valve train.
4.  I'll also have an Olds short block, that should be
seen as a good core only.
5.  An oil pan that was NOS 2 years ago.  It has been
dented about a 1/4" in the front to clear my steering
rack.

If you happen to be interested in any of the above,
let me know, and I'll email you before they hit ebay.

I've got a line on a local 3.9 from an 89 Rover with
87k.  Owner says it was strong when vehicle was
rolled.  Selling as a long block, with or without all
the fuel injection components.  Anyone know what the
value of such a beast would be with and without the
fuel injection parts?  What price would be too good to
pass up?  I will probably just end up getting a
rebuilt engine from Jack, but was curious if the 3.9
was a great deal.

Thanks for the help,

Glenn

'73BV8 Off the road due to EPA request