Re: 215 weight

To: jimg2@webtv.net
Subject: Re: 215 weight
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:09:06 EDT
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/28/2000 6:44:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimg2@webtv.net writes:

> Dan, I'm the guy who said the difference was 66 lbs. A while back I was
>  at a shop that builds racing engines and the old debate about how light
>  the BOP aluminum v-8 were vrs the thin-wall cast iron Ford small block
>  v-8 and being as they had one orf each waiting their turns to get on the
>  Dyno, bets were made and the engines were weighted. These were complete
>  engines, ready to run.
>  Results; the Ford was 66 lbs heaver than the BOP alum v-8. All of the
>  BOP v-8 backers lost their money because they all had weights of 135 lbs
>  or more.

Jim

Thank you!  That settles it!

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm