Brakes / Steering Wheel / Front Timing Cover

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes / Steering Wheel / Front Timing Cover
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
After a good weekend with the V8, and a few hundred
miles, a few issues come to mind.

1.  Brakes.  I have a very spongy pedal.  Pre-V8, I
installed a new MC, new flex lines, and new rear
calipers.  Brakes were great after this.  Now they are
very spongy.  I will try bleeding again this weekend,
but I am concerned with heat transfer into the brake
fluid.  The RV8 headers are very (3/4")close to the
flex lines in the front.  The lines aren't getting hot
enough to melt or anything, but what affect is this
having on the fluid?

2.  Steering wheel.  This is a completely non-v8
question.  Somewhere in changing bodies / steering
columns etc. during the conversion I forgot exactly
how the steering wheel mounts.  My center push button
will not fit onto the hub.  I have the metal piece
that goes over the column.  On top of that I have the
steering wheel (the solid 3 spoke variety) bolted to
the hub.  And then I am trying to put the push button
onto that.  Am I missing a piece?  The push button has
3 prongs, and has to mount right side up for the horn
assembly to work.  Anybody have the missing piece they
can send me?  I'll of course reimburse for shipping
charges, etc.

3.  I know there has been discussion on the use of the
JC Whitney front timing cover on the Buick 215.  Has
anyone actually used one?  I need to pull the timing
cover to replace the seals and thought that the JC
Whitney one had the updated (non-rope) seals.

Thanks for the help,

Glenn

http://mail.yahoo.com/