Dip stick, headers

To: "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dip stick, headers
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:56:37 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Another challenge.

1) I don't seem to have a dip stick for my 1961 Buick 215.  Can anyone measure
their dip stick from the "stop" down to the full mark and down to the add mark
for me?

2) I'm using Ted Schumacher's headers.  It seems the steel flange that runs
across the pipes where they attach to the head interfere with the insertion of
the dip stick.  Anyone else experience this problem and how did you solve it?  I
am tempted to cut away some of the flange, it looks like it would be necessary
to cut quite a bit of it away though.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hoy