Re: Accelerator pedal

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Accelerator pedal
From: awulf@bewellnet.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:19:37 +0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
LArry,

I made a U shaped bracket attached to the underside of the shelf
for the pivot point of the pedal.  I bolted it to the shelf with
two 1/4 inch bolts.  I also made a small plate for the top of
the shelf for additional reinforcement.  I relocated the
accelerator cable guide to the same position as on a rubber
bumper car.  I also used a pedal from a 75 or later car.  The
cable I'm using is the adjustable kind from a later car.

Hope this helps.

Al Wulf
'67 MGB-V8 under construction

> Many of you know that I have made a big push to get the V8
done.  I am getting
> closer but have another question.
>
> Remember this is a 1969 MGB which requires removal of a
portion of the firewall,