I made it to NY :-)

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: I made it to NY :-)
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Since I've kinda become email pals with some of you, I
thought I'd tell everyone that I made it to upstate NY
from SC in one piece.  The B made it up on the U-Haul
dolly just fine.  I didn't disconnect the driveshaft
on the T5, but I certainly don't want to start that
debate :-)  Hopefully, I'll have the time to get back
on the list again now that things are settling down a
little.

I did manage to get a few good evening rides in the B
over the last couple of weeks.  I'm starting to get
more confidence in her, and took a nice 70 mile trip
up the lake (Ontario) on Sunday.  Longest trip since
the V8 conversion.    Car ran flawlessly.  Despite the
somewhat weak paintjob, it gets lots of looks and
smiles.

I'm still working on some non-related / well maybe
related issues, that I'll be inquiring for help on in
the next couple of weeks.

I hope everyone is out enjoying the summer in their
V8's, or V8's to be.

I've also switched email accounts, so I'm not checking
my AOL mail anymore.

Glenn

ps.  Does any have an original (or repro) luggage rack
for a B in good shape?  My rack doesn't fit the
current trunk, as it has a different bolt pattern.  I
need the one that has 8 holes not 4.

http://invites.yahoo.com/