Re: V6 Metric Oil Filter Adapter Wanted

To: Wake074@aol.com
Subject: Re: V6 Metric Oil Filter Adapter Wanted
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:33:17 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Glenn--

Which engine are you using?

The Buick metric V-6 oil pump base mounts to either the Olds/Buick or Rover
front cover to point the oil filter down & forward, rather than to the side.
Mocal makes a very nice remote filter take off that swivels 360 ` to allow the
filter to be mounted in a number of locations such as the passenger inner
fender, or front cross member.

Additionally, you can add the swivel filter mount based on the GM/Chevy V-6
modified & sold by several suppliers, including D & D. This mounts the filter
on the front of the engine pointing almost straight down.

You may wish to contact Glenn Towery  or D & D for an alternator mount.

There is plenty of room to mount the GM alternator on either the driver or
passenger cylinder head, at the end of the head. I have made a very simple
mount for the Rover passenger head from a piece of 3/8" aluminum, 1 head stud,
a piece of tube for a spacer & a piece of 1/8" flat steel as a support. Bolt
the plate to the front of the head, drill & tap for the stud on which the
alternator mounting ears ride, bend the flat steel to go from the end of the
stud to a tapped hole on the front cover just above the oil pump base. Add a
"J" shaped adjuster going to the ear on the water pump.

Jim Stuart