Re: Rubber bumpers

To: "Gary Moles" <morgannz@xtra.co.nz>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rubber bumpers
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:07:40 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
It would depend on what kind of black you want.  i've seen people prime and
paint their bumpers, but I don't care for it.  It seems to give the B the
modern car plastic bumper look.  All I did with mine is use black spray
paint.  Not sure if Krylon would work or not.  Mine was a SEM product used
for Urethane bumpers.  Since I didn't use primer, the paint was absorbed
into the bumper, and gave it a flat black look. I would imagine that is the
bumpers started to fade again, you would just hit it again.  It hasn't faded
over 6mos since I did it.

check out some of the bumper pics at:
http://members.tripod.com/~mhartwig/badB
Tell me what you think of my paint job on the car.  Isn't Pageant Blue a
beautiful color?

Mike
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein