An update, and a question

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: An update, and a question
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:19:21 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Just to keep all of you updated on the continuing saga of the B conversion.
I've been purchasing some parts and cleaning up my block.  Most of you will
remember my block problems.  The cylinders actually cleaned up really good
with a cylinder hone, and the bottom end looks to be in excellent shape.  The
head is in definate need of a valve job.

For those starting a V8 conversion, I've had good luck with two Buick
vendors.  I bought a 61 Special shop manual from "The Buick Farm"
www.buickfarm.comm.  It was well worth the money, even if only the first two
chapters are dealing with the engine.  It has an excellent spec sheet
section.  If I get some time next week at work, I'll scan the spec sheet
sections and post them up on a web page.  At least I can contribute something
to the list.  I've also purchased parts from www.classicbuick.com.  The parts
haven't arrived yet, but the sales person was extremely friendly. Had a nice
talk about putting a Buick into a V8.

On another note, I have a 3500 Owners Workshop manual that someone can
purchase if they want.  Published 1973 by Autobook.  I bought it before I
found the Buick shop manual.  First one to say they'll give me 20 bucks
(which includes shipping) can have it.  Its in decent shape.

Now for my question, I'm just starting to look at exhaust headers.  Are my
Buick 215 headers useable in the B, or should I go with the block header
tubular headers?  Money of course is an issue.  (Isn't it always?)  There is
lots of info on exhausts in the mgcars.org archive, but I couldn't find any
info on use of the original headers.

Again thanks for the help.

Glenn