COOL air duct

To: MGB Bulletin Board <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: COOL air duct
From: Martyn Harvey <harv8@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 17:23:05 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Just wondering if anybody (other than Curtis) has designed and tested a
way to duct cool air into the carb on their BV8.  I'm not interested in
a hood scoop.
When my car was on the dyno last week, we found that the engine lost 5HP
when the hood was closed. I was thinking that the hot air entering the
carb was at least part of the reason. I know that 5HP doesnt seem to be
enough to worry about but I also lost 10 HP when I fitted a mech. rad
fan and shroud.
You might want to check the website for the Canadian MGBV8 Register at:
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/ca-mgbv8
There is a classified ad section and we are looking for some interesting
photos for the gallery.
Cheers everybody,
                                 Martyn Harvey