390 Holley

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: 390 Holley
From: BlkfxdWG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:36:25 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Guys. I think the 390 Holley will work fine without all that much tinkering. I
don't have one on an MGB,yet ( Ithink I'll go will the Edelbrock/Carter 500).
Definitly less hassle.

I have been running a 390 on a 2.8L v6 in an S10 pickup for the last 10 years.
Works fine without the secondary metering plate. Has a stock electric choke.
If needed I'll pull it and check the jets, squirters, and spring sizes for
you. This truck also has an Advance Auto electric fuel pump. The little square
one. No manual pump. And no fuel pressure regulator. You shouldn't have any
problem with too much fuel pressure. I mention this because 7 lbs. of fuel
pressure is the most you would want to run on a stock Holley. Much more and it
will flood due to fuel pushing past the seat. It won't hurt to back your float
level down a bit below the sight hole.

Let me know if you need the carb. specs. It should be ballpark or a lean, but
I believe it would fire a 3.5

Carl in TN
'79 MGB (future V8)
'85 S10