Rover 3.9 Numbers

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rover 3.9 Numbers
From: jreed@J2CA.com
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:57:28 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I am trying to find the "Original" home of my  Rover 3.9. The new home will
be my 1977 MGB
I am trying to find a baseline for ordering basic parts from local auto
parts stores.

The numbers on the block (Drivers side, below the head) are:

CR8.13.1
38D05206A

Does anyone have any idea what year or model this block is from?
Is the compression ratio  8.13 to 1 ? Or is there a different way to read
that?

It has the modern 90's looking fuel injection parts, but I have no history
on this purchase, so any
help you can provide would be appreciated

Thanks!
Jon Reed